Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: (bug/limitation) Padding limit on Linear1S don't always work on closed splines  (Read 2367 times)

Pixelab

• Suave mari magno
    • pixelab.be
I've added a padding limit (Start/End) on a Linear 1S and all the closed spline have stopped generating RC objects. I have to create a small gap to have RC to generate the geometry gain  (RC 2.4.6)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:04:03 PM by Pixelab »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. I'm just looking into it here and it appears to be working as expected.

Are you able to upload your style so I can take a closer look and get to the bottom of this issue? If you'd prefer not to share it publicly please feel free to send it to me at support@itoosoft.com.

Many thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Pixelab

• Suave mari magno
    • pixelab.be
Sure, it's a simple railing (MAX 2011)

Look at one of the top splines

I've noticed that if the first vetrex is not on a 90° corner, but in a middle of an edge, it works again. Really strange.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:07:17 PM by Pixelab »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Hi,

Thanks for the file. It was very helpful and I've found the problem. It seems the objects disappear when the Generator's Y Offset is >= to the Padding Value. I'll pass this on to our development team. Meanwhile you can get around this by adding the desired offset to each of the Segment's Properties > Transform > Fixed > Translation > Y values  (you could wire them together if you need to adjust them regularly), or by moving the Vertex to the middle of a spline as you've already discovered.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Many thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Pixelab

• Suave mari magno
    • pixelab.be
Hi,

Thanks for the file. It was very helpful and I've found the problem. It seems the objects disappear when the Generator's Y Offset is >= to the Padding Value. I'll pass this on to our development team. Meanwhile you can get around this by adding the desired offset to each of the Segment's Properties > Transform > Fixed > Translation > Y values  (you could wire them together if you need to adjust them regularly), or by moving the Vertex to the middle of a spline as you've already discovered.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Many thanks,

Paul

Once again, thanks for your responsiveness. Your explanation makes perfeect sense, I forgot to mention the Y offset. I already have a workaround for this one.

I'm constatly amazed by the possibilities of RC & Forest !