Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: [Request] Display of RC objects - multiple choices within the same RC object  (Read 1611 times)

Pixelab

• Suave mari magno
    • pixelab.be
I'd like to make the display property  available by Generator or Objects instead of a general parameter for the RC object. Or maybe leave 2 parameters but when a generator or object display parameter is provided, it overrides the general RC object parameters.

This way you could display meshes of some low poly constructions (for example, low poly bleachers) and display the crowd with boxes if you generate both with the same RC object.

I tend to group mulptiple generators within the same RC object to share parameters, etc. but the drawback is that you have to turn everthing to boxes (low poly & high poly geometry)

I know there is always the point cloud option but I'm not a big fan of it
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:15:58 PM by Pixelab »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Request for display of RC objects
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 06:09:05 PM »
I think we could add a "visible" property for Generators, similar to the "On/Off" state but only for the viewport. In this way, you would link it to a Parameter, so is available from the Max rollout.

Thanks for your suggestion. I've added it to our wishlist.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Pixelab

• Suave mari magno
    • pixelab.be
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 07:14:25 PM »
I think we could add a "visible" property for Generators, similar to the "On/Off" state but only for the viewport. In this way, you would link it to a Parameter, so is available from the Max rollout.

Thanks for your suggestion. I've added it to our wishlist.

Great! It would be nice to have the same choice as in the display rollout : mesh/boxes/adaptative/point-cloud but segment or generator dependant instead of affecting the whole rollout.

On a side note, the RailclonePro forum should be splitted into requests/ bug report & examples/ user case sub forum (probably merge the WIP & user cases sub forums)

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 08:33:53 AM »
Great! It would be nice to have the same choice as in the display rollout : mesh/boxes/adaptative/point-cloud but segment or generator dependant instead of affecting the whole rollout.

Ok. I'm not sure if it's possible to use Point-cloud and geometry modes simultaneously in a same object, but it should not be problems with mesh/boxes/adaptative modes.

I'll discuss with our team regarding the forum splitting. Thanks for the suggestion.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software