Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: 3ds Max freezes when starting RailClone  (Read 2079 times)

felipebroering

3ds Max freezes when starting RailClone
« on: November 11, 2019, 02:05:42 AM »
Hi Guys,

I have updated my RailClone last week for the latest version (RailClonePro409) and the server License to LicenseServer141_x64. Since then I'm having issues when I try to use RailClone.

1. 3ds Max new scene: it freezes when I click on RC button.
2. It freezes when I try to open a file that is using RailClone.
3. When it finally worked for one day last week, 3ds Max crashed when I was editing some nodes. It worked fine for the rest of the day.

I have also updated Forest Pack for the latest version (ForestPackPro622_x64) and it is working fine.

Reading other threads, I realised there's an issue with multitexture, which I have removed from my plugins, but the problem persists.

At the moment I can't work, as I use RC and FP for everything. I don't have a 3ds max log, as it is not crashing, just freezing.

I've attached the server license status and a screenshot of 3ds Max. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Felipe Broering

felipebroering

Re: 3ds Max freezes when starting RailClone
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 06:45:37 AM »
UPDATE 1: I have installed the version 4.1.0, same issues.

UPDATE 2: I have uninstalled RC and FP, deleted all related files from AppData and reinstalled. It's working for now.

felipebroering

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 11:45:10 PM »
Still having the same error, even after reinstalling. Any ideas?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 09:13:33 AM »
Hi Felipe,

I'm sorry to hear you're facing these troubles. We're running some additional tests, but up to now, we can't reproduce it. As it might be something very specific for your configuration, please feel free to download the Process Explorer https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer and during the freeze, find the "3dsmax.exe" process, select it, go to Process > Create Dump > Create Minidump..., save the file, compress it and send it to us. Hopefully, it'll point to the problem source.

Thanks in advance for your collaboration, your feedback is very important to us.

Best regards,

felipebroering

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 11:35:17 PM »
File sent via WeTransfer. Thanks for your help.

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 10:00:45 AM »
Followup to the thread.
Issue was with some 3rd party (wacom tablet) dlls.

Hopefully this can help other users in the future.
Rokas

robdeja

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 01:43:59 PM »
Hi @Rokas,

We are having a similar issue where we can't open files with legacy versions of RC as it crashes before fully open. We also use Wacom tablets and drivers, so could you please expand on the issue behind this and what the solution is so that we can check if it is the same or something else? Thanks!

3dsMax 2021 and RailClone 4.2.1

Lautaro

Rokas

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 02:09:34 PM »
Hi
I am sorry to hear that.

With RC 4.2.1 there should be no problems with Wacom. Would You please follow steps from this post and send us the outcome.
Rokas

robdeja

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 04:46:43 PM »
Hi Rokas, thanks for your reply.
I've sent you a direct email with the scene and the dmp files. Please keep me posted.

Lautaro

Rokas

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 06:56:48 PM »
we will check the scene tomorrow. Max dumps are of not the latest 3ds max version- we cant check those. Would You please tell in more detail how to reproduce the issue in the max scene ?
Also updated max crash dumps might be useful as well.
Rokas

robdeja

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 12:55:21 PM »
Hi Rokas,

Yes, we currently use 3dsmax 2021 but the file we are trying to open is 3dsmax 2017. We initially thought the issue could be related to the max version but we are able to open 2017 scenes if they don't have any RailClones in them. As I mentioned in my email, we can also merge everything fine into a new scene as long as we skip the RailClone objects.

In terms of reproducing the issue, is really just being able to open the file without it crashing, I am including the 3dsmax versions below but not entirely sure that the same wouldn't happen with other versions, these are just the versions we happen to have and have used:
*Open 3dsmax2017 files with no RailClones in 3dsmax 2021 = all good
*Open 3dsmax2017 files with RailClones in 3dsmax 2021 = crash
*Merge 3dsmax2017 files with no RailClones into 3dsmax 2021 = all good
*Merge 3dsmax2017 files with RailClones into 3dsmax 2021 = crash

Thanks for your help and hope this helps.

Rokas

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2020, 01:04:16 PM »
Hi

I can reproduce crash with multitexture plugin. This plugin is known to cause some crashes in max 2021.
Please remove it from plugins folder and then You should be able to open Max file.

Hope this helps
Rokas

robdeja

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2020, 04:14:30 PM »
Hi Rokas,

Thanks a lot! Just tried that and seems to have fixed the issue. Just to confirm, is it an issue when a Multi-texture is applied to a RailClone object in 3dsmax 2021 or just any object?

Thanks again,
Lautaro

Rokas

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2020, 04:23:45 PM »
I am not sure of specifics. We had scenes with FP and multitexture crashing as well. We can't fix this on our side.
Rokas