Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: A2S - Roof not building correctly depending on X Evenly Distance  (Read 1984 times)

MichielF

A2S - Roof not building correctly depending on X Evenly Distance
« on: November 22, 2022, 12:14:26 PM »
Hi

I'm having troubles building a zinc roof with the A2S generator.
I have a roof consistion of zinc plates and standing seams on an evenly distance from each other. When using the desired distance (70cm) between the seams, my roof doesn't build correctly. -> some parts are projected flat to the base of the spline section it uses as clipping area. Screenshot 'Issue roof 01' attached.
When changing the evenly distance between the seams to a higher value (in this case 200cm), the roof builds almost correctly, except for a seam that not get sliced. Screenshot 'Issue roof 02' attached.

I tried using a surface to align the roof, but there are some very steep parts in the roof where the result doesn't get sliced correctly.
I tried the auto align options, and tried other hierarchy checking options, but I don't get it to work with the desired distance between the seams.

Is there someone who can help me fix my roof? (3dsMax2023-file attached)

Thanks in advance!

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: A2S - Roof not building correctly depending on X Evenly Distance
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 01:50:56 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, it seems the X-Evenly input causes an issue with these splines. We'll need to look into this more deeply, but for now as a workaround I would suggest avoiding using X Evenly, instead use a Compose operator to group the 2 segments and wire it to the Default input. You can attach the existing Evenly Distance numeric node to the segment's X Size instead so that you still have that adjustable spacing.

File is attached.

I hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

MichielF

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 02:35:56 PM »
Hi Paul

Thanks for handing me a workaround for this issue. This method is perfectly fine for this project.

Good luck solving the issue for the X-Evenly input!

Kind regards
Michiel

Ricousto

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 07:05:10 PM »
I have a identical problem in a nearly same situation
Could you please upload a version for 3ds max 2015 ?
Thanks in advance

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, it seems the X-Evenly input causes an issue with these splines. We'll need to look into this more deeply, but for now as a workaround I would suggest avoiding using X Evenly, instead use a Compose operator to group the 2 segments and wire it to the Default input. You can attach the existing Evenly Distance numeric node to the segment's X Size instead so that you still have that adjustable spacing.

File is attached.

I hope that helps,

Paul