Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Adeka Cladding  (Read 861 times)

LC3D

Adeka Cladding
« on: May 13, 2022, 01:06:10 PM »
I'm having trouble getting this one to work?

I've created 2 A2S arrays and am trying to offset them with the padding... is there a better or easier way as I just cannot get it to line up - the values seem to move in unpredictable increments...

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Adeka Cladding
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 03:42:24 PM »
Please take a look at the attached file. To get the alternating rows I'm using a half segment and a full segment in the Start and End input. To overlap the tiles a simple negative top padding value seems to do the trick.

Cheers,
Paul
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 04:26:19 PM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

LC3D

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 12:51:09 AM »
Please take a look at the attached file. To get the alternating rows I'm using a half segment and a full segment in the Start and End input. To overlap the tiles a simple negative top padding value seems to do the trick.

Cheers,
Paul

you Sir, are a legend. Thank you very very much!

LC3D

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 04:30:38 AM »

Cheers,
Paul

Hey Paul,

any idea why when i attach a much larger spline or modify the spline from your scene to be much larger it doesn't work, just says "no geometry"... I've increased the segments and Faces Limits...?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 10:35:48 AM »
Hi!

How large do you need to go? I just tried a spline that was 100m x 100m and it seemed to work fine here.

Cheers,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

LC3D

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 11:44:56 AM »
Hey Paul,

I figured it out, just needed to turn on Auto Align X-->XY 👍

can you explain to me what you did with the Nodes to make it work? ie. what is the yellow "top padding", the sequence and mirror nodes etc...?

Thanks again mate, I do genuinely appreciate your help!

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 02:29:42 PM »
Sure - no problem at all.

The style works using two segments: one full-size tile and one half-size tile. To create the offset on alternate rows, I've used a Sequence operator that increments on Y to alternate between the full and half size tile in the start and end inputs. To flip the tiles for the right hand side, I've wired it through a Mirror operator for the End input.

Between these I fill in by adding the full-size tile to the Default input. To make sure no tiles are sliced, I've enabled Generator > Rules > Default Mode > Adaptive.

Then all that remains is to close up the gap between the rows. We can do that by using a negative top padding value. To save me from entering the value twice - once for each segment - I've exported the Top Padding input and wired it to a Constant node. That way I can change the value for both Segments from one place.

That's about it. I also increased the Generator > Clipping Area > Expand value a bit to remove any gaps around the perimeter.

I hope that helps.

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

LC3D

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 01:46:50 AM »
Sure - no problem at all.

The style works using two segments: one full-size tile and one half-size tile. To create the offset on alternate rows, I've used a Sequence operator that increments on Y to alternate between the full and half size tile in the start and end inputs. To flip the tiles for the right hand side, I've wired it through a Mirror operator for the End input.

Between these I fill in by adding the full-size tile to the Default input. To make sure no tiles are sliced, I've enabled Generator > Rules > Default Mode > Adaptive.

Then all that remains is to close up the gap between the rows. We can do that by using a negative top padding value. To save me from entering the value twice - once for each segment - I've exported the Top Padding input and wired it to a Constant node. That way I can change the value for both Segments from one place.

That's about it. I also increased the Generator > Clipping Area > Expand value a bit to remove any gaps around the perimeter.

I hope that helps.

Paul

That's fantastic, thank you so much!