Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: 2D array with specific repetition  (Read 1541 times)

narsov

• narsov.com
2D array with specific repetition
« on: November 10, 2016, 09:00:49 PM »
Hi,

I am trying couple of days to achieve the repetition in colors with 2d array (see image), but I cant get the final result. Some help, directions would be nice.

Thanks,
Narsov
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 09:46:04 PM by TF6996 »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: 2D array with specific repetition
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 05:23:23 PM »
Hi,

To build this style, I would suggest you to use the Sequence Operator in the Increment at X mode for each row and these wire into another Sequence Operator - this time in the Increment in Y mode. Each Segment can be linked to multiple Material Operators to Replace its Material ID correspondingly and get desired pattern. Attaching a sample scene, please feel free to simplify the Multi/Sub-Object material, as this has been used just for testing purposes and total number of IDs can be lowered. Hope you'll find it useful.

Best regards,

narsov

• narsov.com
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 08:37:27 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the help, it works great. I have additional question, how to make continuous on larger surfaces? It can be randomly scattered.
 I have attached the file and an example. Thank you.

Best regards,
Narsov
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:39:24 AM by TF6996 »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 12:54:02 PM »
Hi,

There are several ways how add randomness to such style. Probably the easiest way would be to enable on involved Segments the Transform - Random - Scale (in attached sample scene I've limited it to 80% - 120%). For further randomization, please feel free to experiment with the Randomize Operator.

I would suggest you to check the "Creating randomised books" / "Randomising Blinds" tutorial. Hope you'll find them interesting and helpful.

Best regards,