Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Array 2S1, building height problem.  (Read 873 times)

Joker1979

Array 2S1, building height problem.
« on: November 03, 2022, 11:00:07 AM »
Hello, this time I have such a problem, I have two building styles, when I choose the building style by hand everything is ok, but when I choose random styles on any other spline then the height of the building goes crazy and I can't fix it, I probably have something wrong with arithmetic. How to do it for it to be correct. In the attached file there are two styles, one is good where you choose the style yourself, while the other one is random and this is where the problem is.

Joker1979

Re: Array 2S1, building height problem.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 09:59:52 AM »
Guys, any ideas? Should I give up. Everything adjusts nicely except the top segment.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 10:49:38 AM »
Hi,

Apologies for the delay in replying. The issue is to do with the order in which nodes are evaluated. The Generator's parameters are often some of the first to be evaluated, and then the other nodes later. In this case, the Y-Size is being set before the segment is chosen by the Selector operators, causing the issue.

As a workaround, you could forget controlling the Y-Size (set it to something larger than your tallest building) and instead use a Sequence operator set to Increment on Y to build the pattern. Please see the attached file for an example.

I hope that helps,
Paul.
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Joker1979

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 11:45:26 AM »
Thanks Paul, but I have one request, you could write it in max 2021 because I don't know what is happening, but when I run this file and change floors, everything is ok, but when I enter the generator and turn off and turn on transform TOP or anything in the sequence, the node breaks down. Could you check if it is the same with you?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 12:52:22 PM »
Please try this version. It seems I had the wrong counter exported in the previous one.

Cheers,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Joker1979

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 01:02:42 PM »
Thank you very much for your help !!!! I am just finishing my own library of buildings, it was worth it I hope it is the beginning of my adventure with railclone. Greetings

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 01:48:10 PM »
Great! Glad we could help out. Happy to hear you're a RailClone convert  :)

Let me know if you have any other questions

Best,

Paul
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 02:33:03 PM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software