Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: License question  (Read 2538 times)

TL1895

License question
« on: July 27, 2015, 01:31:13 PM »
Dear iToo,

I've recently started to work half time at a remote studio.
What will be the best way to be able to use my licenses (FPP&RCP) depending on which location I am working.
No matter what, I'll still only need one license, just need a way to "bring it with me" when I'm at the remote site.

Thanks a lot!
TL1895

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: License question
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 01:46:53 PM »
Hi,

First let me mention, that we allow to install our software on one additional computer (usually at home / on laptop), provided that both copies are not used simultaneously. Many users make this request to us, so although this issue is not covered in our license agreement, we are flexible about it.

Also please note, you can use your Network license from any location (so, you can borrow it from the license server to anywhere outside of your office). Just please note, that the License Server is by default using port 16720 so this should be accessible on the laptop (ideally by using secured VPN connection, but it's not necessary).

On your laptop please set the network license to the IP of the server rather than finding it automatically. This can be done using the "Change License Mode" wizard after setting Network license mode in Configure the Network License window.

If you'll be unable to borrow the license to your laptop, please check this post how to test if it's a communication issue.

The right network configuration is always very specific for any network as the correct set-up of the connection will depend on all firewall / anti-virus solutions you are using. Basically, you'll need to open the port 16720 on license sever for the remote user. It must be open both for TCP and UPD (for example Windows Firewall / anti-virus software could be blocking the connection for this port).

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

TL1895

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 02:02:35 PM »
Thanks for the reply!
So, to clarify, I have no laptop to use, only two workstations 100 miles apart...
Will never be used simultaneously since I will only be here or there.

So, I could simply install/authorize as normal on the remote station, as long as I am never using both simultaneously?
(I think only my FPP is a network license type.)

Thanks again,
TL1895

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 03:24:31 PM »
Hi,

You're welcome.
So, I could simply install/authorize as normal on the remote station, as long as I am never using both simultaneously?

Yes, please feel free to install & activate your licenses on that second workstation in the same way as on your main workstation.

Optionally, the Network license (in your case the Forest Pack Pro one) can be accessed as described previously (by setting the IP of the actual licensing server) without need to proceed the License Server installation also on your second workstation. Actually, it's up to you - both of these options will work fine when the license will be used just on one of your computers.

Best regards,

TL1895

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 03:35:09 PM »
Great, Thanks again!