Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Array2s / Radiator issue  (Read 3382 times)

FO3538

Array2s / Radiator issue
« on: November 27, 2018, 04:24:12 PM »
I was following your tutorial:
https://youtu.be/vn2xIVoNY04?t=383
And I can not replicate it.
I created a 2d array in adaptive mode. The corners, the top, the bottom and the sides can be easily positioned. But I cant manage to make the default element follow the top and bottom element span. I tried to add a padding calculated from the difference of width between the two elements, but as I use the adaptive mode, the width of the top element is altered when the Raiclone object is created.... and in your exemple, your setup is way simpler... So what am I missing?

I have been pulling my hair for a couple of hours on this setup which should be super easy.

Rokas

Re: Array2s / Radiator issue
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 08:38:27 AM »
Hi

Thanks for question.
I think this is perfect example when it is better to use nested RailClone objects instead of trying to figure out the math in one style.
I suggest creating full vertical elements(1 and 2) with with RC help and then combine them to Master RC (3):

Hope this will work for You. If You have any questions regarding this or anything else in RC feel free to ask.
Rokas

FO3538

Re: Array2s / Radiator issue
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 12:51:49 PM »
Hey Rokas,

Thanks for the reply. Indeed it is way simpler to combine 2 RC objects. It s just that I was trying to mimic the tutorial and could not accomplish it and felt quite stupid :)