Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Attaching splines  (Read 825 times)

LM1206

Attaching splines
« on: May 22, 2019, 05:31:24 PM »
When Attaching several splines, things seem to break: the cladding goes haywire.  I have to create several railclone objects and attach them to their respective splines as a workaround. This seems to work, proving that the splines themselves might not be to blame.  What should I be looking for to avoid this?  What are the likely issues?

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 05:37:06 PM by LM1206 »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Attaching splines
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 02:26:02 PM »
Hi,

In some situations - like when using the Auto-Align feature and having the RC object rotated, the algorithm might have troubles with identifying some areas. Resetting the rotation of the RailClone object, while using the Auto-Align > to Spline & Hierarchy Checking set to By Mat.ID feature usually helps. In case of any further troubles with it, please feel free to send us your scene.

Best regards,

LM1206

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 06:23:43 PM »
Thanks, could you show me what is meant by auto-align>?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 08:20:23 AM »
Hi,

Sure, since the RC3, there's the "Auto Align" option in the Array 2S Generator > Extend X/Y Size mode and currently, the Auto-Align feature "replaces" the multiple object creation. This option creates an array aligned automatically with each sub-spline. This mode is very suitable for roof and panels. Two modes are available. For both modes, the Z-axis is always perpendicular to the plane formed by the spline. a) "X --> XY": X-axis is parallel to the RailClone XY plane (considering local axis of the object). b) "to Spline": X-axis is aligned with first Spline's segment (you can use "Make first" vertex and "Reverse" spline to modify alignment). Attaching screen-shot.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,