Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Auto scale bridge pillars to an uneven ground plane.  (Read 4046 times)

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Auto scale bridge pillars to an uneven ground plane.
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2020, 02:24:32 PM »
Glad to hear it works after an update. This does use nested generators so it needs to be used with RC4 or above.

I'm not sure what you mean by "It works only below Z=0" - for me the RailClone object, the spline and surface can all be at any position on the Z Axis. The only limitation is that the spline cannot go below the surface anywhere. Would you mind elaborating?

The second issue I'm not sure I could fix. This is a workaround to do something that technically shouldn't be possible in this version, so we are a bit limited  :)

I would suggest it might be easier to modify the rest of the style to fit in with the Macro's limitation until we can update RC with a more robust solution.

Cheers!
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

eligiusz

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 03:41:24 PM »
Sorry about this below Z=0, You are right, I was moving the spline and surface UP, without the RC object itself.... so it seams that something strange was happening when the surface was above the RC object. By the way, because rokas mentioned that these are not limitations , so i want to make it clear that i wrote about what I noticed not as a criticism but for information for other users that might use it :) ofcourse i'm very thankful for Your help and quick solution !

The most important thing is that it works and RC is even more powerful now !  ;D

by thw way I like Your idea of stacking those support segments instead of scaling them, I will try to implement this also to my platform.

eligiusz

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2021, 05:10:39 PM »
what do You think ? heres how the  platform looks in the scene

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2021, 01:17:14 PM »
Thanks for sharing the final project. Really glad that RailClone could help you with this project. I think this technique will make an interesting tutorial, so thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software