Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Array2S Evenly problem with random and equal distances.  (Read 373 times)

Joker1979

Array2S Evenly problem with random and equal distances.
« on: February 24, 2023, 11:06:31 AM »
Hello again !!! As always I have some new difficult questions, I have posted 3 images and a project file. My first problem is with the image numbers 1 and 2 is that I want the evenly segment to be random in the x-axis, but I failed so I used a sequence because the random modifier does not work for me on the x-axis only the y-axis, is there any way to do this, in the file there are 4 versions of different approaches to the topic but in none of them I did not get this effect, the second thing is the default segment between evenly I would like it not to change but I see that each time the defaul segment is of a different dimension how to make the default segment to be always the same. My third problem concerns the picture with number 3 I would like the defaul segment to always have the same dimensions between evenly, I know there were already topics about this but they concern only linear generator 1S and not Array generator 2S and I do not know how to do it to get this effect in this generator. I know it will not be easy but I believe you have the solution. Best regards. :)

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Array2S Evenly problem with random and equal distances.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 12:29:26 PM »
Please take a look at the attached,

it solves the issue of randomising Evenly segments by nesting L1S generators instead of using an A2S. To solve the spacing issue I have changed the Evenly mode from Justify to Adaptive.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Joker1979

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 12:38:13 PM »
Great and cool, but I need it for the Array2s generator as it will be a building with a top and bottom, which is why I sent a simple form to make it easier to get around. So I still need the distribution for the Array2S generator because I don't know how to connect it to the generator.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 12:48:18 PM by Joker1979 »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 01:21:29 PM »
Hi,

Ah, OK. That might still be possible simply by using the Start and End inputs of the nested L1S generators to target those parts

I've amended the file to illustrate how this could work.

Cheers,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Joker1979

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 01:59:39 PM »
Everything is fine when it comes to a simple building and this solution will probably work, although I still don't understand if it can be done on the second Array 2S generator because with more complex buildings I use the Y segment role for corners and there are more options for buildings in this generator :) the second thing is that when I increased the number of floors on this generator Linear1 S synchronization stops working every few floors with evenly segment :( I will not hide that I use such solutions later as a template in other buildings so I want to know if it is possible or not then I will review which buildings I can do and which not
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 02:26:36 PM by Joker1979 »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2023, 02:36:45 PM »
I understand - the issue is the randomisation of the Evenly segments. There's not currently a way with A2S to synchronise random numbers along columns. The only solution I've found to work so far is something like the one above, which I find is still quite flexible. Nonetheless, I'll talk to our development team and see if it's something we can improve because this isn't the first time I've been asked this question lately.

Regarding the mismatched heights. It's a rounding error so sometimes an extra floor gets added. You can avoid it by enabling Slice for the segments.

Best,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Joker1979

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2023, 02:58:52 PM »
Thank you Paul again  :) I think I'll still use the file you sent me for another building, but thanks anyway for the work you've done, Cheers :)

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2023, 03:04:44 PM »
No problem at all,

Also I've just realised a better solution than enabling slice to fix that rounding error would be to set the Generator's Default mode to Adaptive. That way you'll maintain full instancing.

Best,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software