Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: sequence operator doesnt scale-to-fit the segment on adaptive mode  (Read 1201 times)

fattony

Hi Guys,

I need different sized segments to be fitted in the specific order on the spline and not extent over the spline's ends.
When i use sequence, compose and randomize (just for test), i get everytime different extends in the end of spline.
Using adaptive mode, since that is the one that should be doing what i need.

Compose works as it should but we have all plugged with sequence atm, since that is all we needed, and would take quite some time to replug everything.
This seems like its actually faulty behavior, so i wanted to doublecheck before going into redoing the sequences.

See in attach the issue.

Thank a lot

Dragan

Re: sequence operator doesnt scale-to-fit the segment on adaptive mode
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 03:51:04 PM »
Hi
There is a Macro in Transforms called "Scale to Array".
Try to connect it between Sequence|Randomise and Generators Default input.
And set Default Type to Tile. Adaptive works only with equal size Segments.
It is not ideal (the end segment is usually sliced) but maybe this solution will fit your needs.

Another solution may be to prepare a few Linear RailClones for NEST with different variations using Compose (abc, acb, bac,bca...).
Or... if you have a lot of segment  follow this tutorial to randomize:
https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/non-repeating-randomisation?back=page%3D3
Then use those as Segments (Deform Nest checkbox is ON)  >>>> Randomise >>>> Generator Default (Type Adaptive). 

Best Regards
Dragan

« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:30:15 PM by Dragan »

fattony

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 04:32:03 PM »
yeah i tried that but it doesn't change anything,

Those options wont help me cause i cannot slice the segments in the end, that can be done ofc, but since its windows i cant cut away part of the window.

also nesting wont help because i have bacically 1 long sequence that i need to fit to spline length, and it specific.

It just seems that sequence doesnt work properly, because the adaptive doesnt seem to have problem with different sized segment on composite, that works as it should.
I mean from the description that is exactly what adaptive should do as i understand it.
My conclusion would be that the sequence operator doesnt behave properly.
Will use compose operator instead, just have to replug the universe :D

Would be nice if some from devs could take a look at this. Ofc i might be doing something wrong just dont see what.

THanks.

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 04:45:54 PM »
Ah... windows  ;D
RC4 will solve a lot of those issues. My whole Beta testing was based on the solution for  Windows generators.

They will reply tomorrow for sure with a full explanation.

fattony

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 05:19:32 PM »
that would be great just have project now :DDD
unfortunately

lets hope it will be solved later on

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 08:46:56 AM »
Hi,

Thanks Dragan for Your answers.
As Dragan wrote, main issue here is Adaptive works only with equal size Segments.

When You use Compose, that is treated as one segment when scaling:
RC has no problems in adaptive mode when there is one segment (which it is when You use compose).
Workaround with multiple segments- use premade combined segments of same length or use "Scale final X seg." macro:

basically 1 long sequence that i need to fit to spline length, and it specific.
Sounds like a job for "Compose" operator.

We do not recommend RC3 for specific windows creation. We have few tutorials covering basic options.
RC4 will be much more capable in this area.
Rokas

fattony

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 09:15:16 AM »
OK ! great this is good description and makes sense why compose works.

Scaling end segment wont work for me as well since it would be visibly not matching.

Already redid to compose which is working fine, unfortunately we expected same behavior from sequence :)

Wanted to confirm mainly.

Thank you for answer.

fattony

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 09:56:38 AM »
We do not recommend RC3 for specific windows creation.

Unfortunately i dont have better option now.

Main issue with compose and why we didnt use it is that you cannot stack multiple segments (at least didnt find a way how).

This is one floor what i need - attach

This sliced windows are not a good solution for us at the moments because we have a simple frames that dont need stretching or scaling, we just need to have correct order.
The problem is that there is a lot of repetition and this doesnt work with compose, so we have literally plug every window one by one.
Even plugging subsence is not working as its resulting still only in one segment.

Is there some workaround here ? second attach.

Thanks for help

Rokas

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 10:18:29 AM »
Maybe creating separate windows and using those in another RC generator (nesting) technique can be beneficial for You in this case.
Rokas

fattony

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 10:37:58 AM »
Yeah thought of that, but i have 30 stories high building and would have to splice up each floor to about 10-15 different splines for that.

I mean, that is really not saving time :(
Its quite unfortunate cause it seemed like very simple task, but all these workaround make it being pretty inefficient.

This can be solved in parametric way very nicely as distribution just the segment scaling is issue.

We will probably have to do some manual work on top of it.