Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Blender Geometry Nodes  (Read 1703 times)

SS2980

Blender Geometry Nodes
« on: May 19, 2023, 09:32:54 AM »
We all are aware how powerfull RC is but frankly at the moment the only thing I am looking at when I see updates are libraries. They are very rarely updated and a bit outdated. Each time I see Blender geometry Nodes plugins I am wondering how come it is not in RC yet. Yes, it would  need more customization menu to make it more friendly to use. I am aware that they are some simple ones available and there are Itoosoft ones with buildings but..they just lack of details and at least from my perspective have many limitation.  Please have a look at those links. I think it is harder and harder to improve RC and the attention should go to libraries. I am reading a library topic from time to time, there are many suggestions, promises but it seems nothing much is happening. You have very good template (RC) now libraries please. I think it would be a game changer if executed properly. Thank you for your time Itoo team!

https://80.lv/articles/procedural-alleys-generator-for-blender/

https://80.lv/articles/a-new-add-on-for-creating-procedural-crowds-in-blender/

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Blender Geometry Nodes
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 10:55:13 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for your post, it's always extremely helpful to get feedback from our users. You'll be glad to know that libraries are going to be a key part of our strategy going forward. We're already underway with overhauling the existing content and will soon be adding new libraries as well. In addition, alongside new features we plan to include templates and more macros to make using RailClone much easier.

We hope this will make RailClone even more user friendly and accessible for users. Any suggestions for the types of content you'd like to see are of course also always very welcome.

Cheers,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

ASD+Viz

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2023, 06:35:29 PM »
I Completely Agree with SS2980. I have shifted to Blender since last two months. I am still learning Geometry Nodes but I am finding it to be very very good. I love Railclone. I have been using Railclone for a long time for practice. It has improved a lot. But it will not be able to compete with Blender and Geometry Nodes for too long. The differences are mostly to do with the nature of 3dsMax and its differences with Blender. Blender is much more open ended and allows individuals to create assets for it, whereas 3dsMax keeps charging money for installing its software. Blender is the future. I use Railclone in 3dsMax but only for paid work. I can not afford 3dsmax every year. Liabraries do not matter. Every Country can have its own version of Libraires. Its not Itoo's Job to create Liabraries. That should be shared with its users. Itoo Should focus on Railclone and its options. Will Share my Geometry nodes progress here if Itoo Does not mind.

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2023, 11:23:15 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm also slowly switching to Blender because of Blender Nodes.
What would be a big improvement for Railclone is if it could somehow use Vertex Groups and change the geometry that way. That would be enough to stay in the game.