Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Curtain Wall System  (Read 1792 times)

mabulsoud

Curtain Wall System
« on: November 16, 2018, 12:30:29 AM »
Hi,

I'm trying to create a new curtain wall style based on the the complex windows topic tutorials. I'm almost there but I'm having three issues:

1. There are many small gaps between the different pieces that you can see when you zoom in at the mullion dividers. I'm not sure why this is happening.
2. I'm missing the last shade for some reason, Also the only way to align the shades and the mullions properly is to not use adaptive which is not ideal because the last panel becomes too large/small. Is there a way around that?
3. The most obvious is that the expression I've learned from the complex windows tutorials doesn't really work with the random shade length. It seems to take the minimum length and use that everywhere. Is there a different expression that should be used in this scenario? or perhaps a different way to build it?

Thanks,

Marwan
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 05:49:41 PM by mabulsoud »

Rokas

Re: Curtain Wall System
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 07:43:48 AM »
Hi

I try to answer Your questions:

1. Geometry is not very well prepared. what I mean is better illustrated with a picture:

2. Reason is You are distributing those From evenly positions to the left. Naturally it is empty to the right of the last evenly element.
3. I am not familiar with that expression. What is it? Where is it?
Rokas

mabulsoud

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 02:45:08 PM »
Hi Rokas,

1. Thanks. That's an easy fix!

2. Is there a way to sync up adaptive between different generators? because right now if I switch to adaptive the shades and the panels don't align. Also I understand the logic behind how it works. But is there a way to add the missing shade to the right?

3. Please find it in the below image.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 04:44:41 PM by mabulsoud »

mabulsoud

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 11:20:37 PM »
Hi Rokas,

I think I'm going to give it a go and try to rebuild the shades from scratch since they're causing so many issues. with that in mind please check the attach max file. Everything is working fine except one of the corners seems very broken. I have no idea why though and would really appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Marwan
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 05:49:57 PM by mabulsoud »

Rokas

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 05:23:42 PM »
It is starting vertex of Your shape. Breaking it improves overall result. I can't say really why is that so.  I have not analyzed Your graph:
Rokas