Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: conditional  (Read 820 times)

enzo_87

• www.lorenzospinola.com
conditional
« on: July 29, 2021, 10:35:45 AM »
Hi guys,
it's probably me being stupid but, I can't get the condition node working as I would.

I', trying to do a duct system. I have a spline with a fillet applied to a corner.
that part of spline is "curve" and the rest is "line"

In the condition node I put: "1" if true (curve) and "2" if it's false (line).
What is the reason it's showingme only "1" rather than the condition I'm setting?

I tried also with the corners, but again, it's not getting the condition I'm setting

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: conditional
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 12:12:17 PM »
Hi,

I can see from your screenshot that you have two options enabled in your Conditional operator. In order to work correctly, the Condtional operator can only check for one thing. To check for multiple conditions you'll need to chain multiple nodes together. I've attached a sample file that should help you with this style.

All the best,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

enzo_87

• www.lorenzospinola.com
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 12:25:11 PM »
Thank you Paul, I thought the condition on the corner wasn't important being the "default" object.
I'll be more carefull in future.

Other question. I managed to use the condition now, and I set up different type of corners for different types of geometry.
It works, but the "default" geometry goes over the "corner" geometry and I can't understand why, rather than respect the geomtry limits.

Is this normal?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 04:43:33 PM »
No problem at all. The default geometry is controlled in a couple of places. First of all, if you only want whole segments to be used and for them not to be slice, I would set the mode to Adaptive. and then to ensure they don't continue around corners, set the Bevel mode to none. To force a new segment to start immediately after a corner vertex you'll need something in the Corner input. If you don't actually need any geometry in that input you can just use an empty "null" segment.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have other questions.

Cheers,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software