Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Vray Decals  (Read 1025 times)

VelvetElvis

Vray Decals
« on: March 25, 2022, 05:08:13 PM »
Does the latest build for rail clone support vray decals? I'm on a bit older of a version and it currently does not. I'm using decals to add puddles to the street and it works on all objects except my rail cloned curb.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Vray Decals
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 09:37:54 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the question. I've just done a basic test here and it all appears to be working as expected.

I hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

VelvetElvis

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 03:29:30 PM »
Thanks for the response! That means that it's probably our older version that lacks support. I'll get with out IT dept to push out the new update.

Simi23

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 08:16:44 PM »
My question about V-Ray Decals is if there will be a support to use the decal to do some scatter.
Sometimes it is difficult to have accurate results where some displacement is on the surface. It would be helpful in my projects to do "skip stripe" markings on-road using a decal. And scatter V-Ray Decal object would work well.
So my question is, is there planned support for this object?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 10:06:52 AM »
Hi,

I'm afraid that one is a limitation that only Chaos can resolve. We use the same underlying techniques as V-Ray Instancer so if something doesn't work with Instancer it won't work with Forest Pack or RailClone either. If it doesn't work with Instancer, it also means we can't work around it without Chaos' help.

One workaround that will help is to instantiate it with RailClone tools.

I hope that makes sense
Paul
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 10:10:26 AM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software