Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Bug? Some Railclone objects move to different position.  (Read 392 times)

VIZIOEN

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 43
Bug? Some Railclone objects move to different position.
« on: June 13, 2019, 01:48:43 PM »
I tried looking for this but can't find anything. I have a lot of RC objects in my scene (30+). Some are used to place objects like desks or interior plants on corner points of splines. On most computers on our farm these are rendered correctly. But one fails to render these and all of the objects are moved to a different location in the scene. See attachments for the error. In the first you can see that the desks are outside. The next frame is correct. Both computers have max 2018 with the same update applied, same with the railclone version.

Help! (quite urgent)


Michal Karmazín

  • iToo Software
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1736
Re: Bug? Some Railclone objects move to different position.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 04:46:29 PM »
Hi,

Sorry to hear you're facing these troubles. Please feel free to try to render the scene on the problematic node "locally" to see if the problem persists. Any additional info is welcome.

If possible, feel free to send us your scene and we'll have a look at it here. Ideally, would you mind to try to reproduce the problem with a minimal scene and send us such a scene?

Also, please do a quick test using the RailClone Tools and export all distributed geometry to instances. You can find it under Utilities - More ... - RailClone Tools. For more information about it, check our on-line reference guide. This way you can check that the problem happens during the RC object conversion or not.

Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share about it with us / our user community.

Best regards,

VIZIOEN

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 43
Re: Bug? Some Railclone objects move to different position.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 10:00:32 AM »
Hi,

Sorry to hear you're facing these troubles. Please feel free to try to render the scene on the problematic node "locally" to see if the problem persists. Any additional info is welcome.

If possible, feel free to send us your scene and we'll have a look at it here. Ideally, would you mind to try to reproduce the problem with a minimal scene and send us such a scene?

Also, please do a quick test using the RailClone Tools and export all distributed geometry to instances. You can find it under Utilities - More ... - RailClone Tools. For more information about it, check our on-line reference guide. This way you can check that the problem happens during the RC object conversion or not.

Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share about it with us / our user community.

Best regards,

Well I've deleted everything in my scene except one of the railclone objects that gave me problems. (First I tried without deleting anything and this failed) I rendered it locally on the problem computer and it renders in the same position as it should (apart from the fact that he renders boxes because we have no local licenses on those computers). So that's even more of a puzzle now. The scene is too much of a hassle to send actually. I'm surprised that this is the first time anyone comes across this problem.  I have about 50 railclone objects in the scene. And about 2 of them render like this. I use a spline with corner points to place some VrayProxies.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:19:22 AM by VIZIOEN »