Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Bug with RailClone Tools Utility to create Light Spots Ramps  (Read 2081 times)

IH3888

Bug with RailClone Tools Utility to create Light Spots Ramps
« on: January 15, 2018, 11:37:15 AM »
I've got a bug.
I need to create multiple light spots, i found railclone very practicle to do this,

Following this technics :
https://forum.itoosoft.com/railclone-pro-(*)/lights-cannot-be-added-to-railclone-system/msg9888/#msg9888

i've done instanced spot lamps with the RailClone Tools Utility :
but, i noticed that on curve spline the pivot stay on the pivot of the railclone dummy (see attached capture)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 11:54:38 AM by IH3888 »

IH3888

Re: Bug with RailClone Tools Utility
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 11:50:34 AM »
So, to fix that i add additionnals vertices in the spline curve segments :

IH3888

Re: Bug with RailClone Tools Utility
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 11:54:14 AM »
After that you only have to Clone and align a Group with your light (linked to a dummy for a best preview of orientation)

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Bug with RailClone Tools Utility to create Light Spots Ramps
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 09:22:44 AM »
Hi, the segments which cannot converted to instances are placed in the RC pivot point, because are part of the non-instanced mesh.

In previous versions, this issue was not noticeable because these meshes were are attached in an unique object.
But with the new "Separated Meshes" option, it's possible to generate individual objects (although with the pivot placed in that way).

I will take a look if it's possible to move the pivot point to the segment, which should be more correct.

Anyway, there is a simpler way to align the pivot: just turn off Deform->Bend and Slice in the Segment properties (within the style).
Doing that, segments can be generated as instances, and generated by RailClone Tools with their pivot aligned locally.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

IH3888

Re: Bug with RailClone Tools Utility to create Light Spots Ramps
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 11:20:38 AM »
Thanks for your answer !

"In railclone we trust :)"
Great tool !