Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: random 90degree rotation  (Read 953 times)

grue

random 90degree rotation
« on: June 16, 2020, 09:48:12 PM »
i have a 2s array with a rectangle clipping area and a square tile as the segment.  the square tile has a multi-sub-object material with 4 materials. the segment is connected to a material node to randomize between 1 and 4 material id's.

i'd like to rotate the square tiles randomly, but only every 90degrees - so 0degrees, 90degrees, 180degrees, 270degrees to add more variation to the floor.

if i use the random rotation it does it by small increments and therefor the tiles do not line up.  i saw someting about exporting parameters and using the on/off with a mirroring, but didn't quite get the results i wanted.

thanks,

Dragan

Re: random 90degree rotation
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 10:06:21 PM »
Hi
There is a Macro for this. Please check in Macro>>Transforms>>Stepped Rotation.
https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/macros-mirror-variations-and-stepped-rotation?back=page%3D3

grue

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 10:08:32 PM »
THANK YOU!!!!!

grue

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 11:50:23 PM »
you know, i just want to take a moment to say just how incredible you guys did with railclone.  i do architecture, and it seems that every time i need something you guys have already built in the ability to do it, or help figure it out.

there's this situation, the hex-tiles tutorial, i had a post a while back about fading carpet samples from solid blue pieces of carpet to a mix of blue/grey, then end with a solid grey carpet... so like a gradient of 3 different tiles.  it's just incredible.