Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Is it possible achieve the movement of this kind of chain ?  (Read 3980 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Is it possible achieve the movement of this kind of chain ?
« on: September 23, 2014, 08:06:14 AM »
Hello, developers.
Is it possible achieve the movement of this kind of chain with Railclone Pro ? I want the each piece of moves along the path depends on just one value. This value must be keyable. The result is just like using the path deform or splineIK or some complex regular method in MAX.
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Is it possible achieve the movement of this kind of chain ?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 10:13:52 AM »
Hi, Check out the attached. It uses a transform operator to move the fixed X translation of the chain links.

Cheers,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

cc8boy

• C7design
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 12:22:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply. But some of the segments have been bent. They are noticeable in my closeup shot. When I turned off the "bend" in segment settings, I got this result. The segments in the railclone object must be the same size of the sample objects. And please use my path in my scene as the spline of Railclone object.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 06:39:07 PM by cc8boy »
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 01:27:19 PM »
Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot see a way to animate this chain following the spline without using the bend option. As you've noticed turning off bend means the segments continue to translate along their initial X axis, they don't adapt to follow the spline.

If I do think of another way I will post it here.

Many thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

cc8boy

• C7design
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 11:08:25 AM »
What a pity! I hope you can add such as the "follow path without bend" option in the future.