Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Outline / inset clipping area (spline node modifier)  (Read 711 times)

eqko

Outline / inset clipping area (spline node modifier)
« on: November 10, 2020, 10:15:01 PM »
in relation to my other request (and actualy the source of that request) I would love to see an outline / inset modfier/parameter for the spline node.
Specifically when used as clipping area.

I'm building a herringbone with some detailing on the edge (the Red, blue & green parts) and I have controls setup to adjust the width on/off per color.
but the purple is my actual herringbone floor and I would love to use the same spline I used for the L1S generators for the side as clipping area for the A2S I
use for he herringbone. BUT, I would want to drive on offset / outline/ inset on that clip using the same numeric node that's driving the width of the edge detailing area.

Or am i missing some other way to do this ?

Rokas

Re: Outline / inset clipping area (spline node modifier)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 10:53:32 PM »
Now You can use SplineOffset max modifier in some cases. It does expand RC and FP capabilities.
I would like RC built in node as well ;)
Rokas

eqko

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 08:24:45 AM »
I might just as well do it manually then.
Not only do I try to limit the amount of 3rd party plugins in our pipeline (we only use vray, forest & railclone),
but it would still mean manual adjusting the splineoffset based on whatever width one did for the railclone detail

...but do I detect a 'maybe we can get that implemented in RC' there .... :grin:

thanks for the fast reply's though. it's appreciated

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 08:48:54 AM »
Hi, I just update Macro "RailClone - Clipped area tiles with border"  to use herringbone. Please check my Gumroad profile:
https://gumroad.com/dragan_prodanic

« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 09:19:02 AM by Dragan »

Dragan

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 09:58:25 AM »
Hi
Unfortunately, I don`t have a lot of time right now to make an easier setup for you but I have made a quick one by duplicating macros and some Styles editing.
You will have to play with parameters to match your needs. ;)
Hope this can help you. Please do not hesitate to ask for more info.
Best Regards.
Dragan

« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 10:33:18 AM by Dragan »