Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Chapter 3 Expressions  (Read 396 times)

Insight Studio PL

Chapter 3 Expressions
« on: April 27, 2022, 09:26:42 AM »
Hi,
I have another case from RC guide. There is the excercise with tiles in chapter 3 and I can't understand two things:
1) In file chapter_3_expressions_end in style editor there is added compose operator which at first glance do absolutely nothing. In guide it doesn't occur, only in the file with finished style. What is it for?
2) When I finished the style, everything works fine, except turning off Horizontal small tiles. When turned off, almost entire row of tiles disappear. The same happens in file with finished style made by Itoo
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 09:28:14 AM by Insight Studio PL »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Chapter 3 Expressions
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 02:04:19 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the questions.

1 - It would appear that in the sample file I combined the two small segments together using a Compose operator, as you've pointed out, it isn't actually necessary so you can ignore it.
2 - The tiles are missing because the second small tile is moved on the Y axis and outside of the clipping area. This causes it to return a 0 dimension on the X axis which kill the row at that point to prevent an infinite loop. Generally speaking, to resolve gaps at the edge of a clipping spline you can increase the Expand setting.

I hope that helps.
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Insight Studio PL

Re: Chapter 3 Expressions
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 02:47:45 PM »
Great! Thanks for making everything clear :)