Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Questions about "Y Splinge Length" and "Y section Length"  (Read 487 times)

QN1156

Questions about "Y Splinge Length" and "Y section Length"
« on: April 10, 2022, 11:50:48 AM »
I have a question why the values returned by "Y Splinge Length" and "Y section Length" are the same in this case, the Y line has been divided

Dragan

Re: Questions about "Y Splinge Length" and "Y section Length"
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 12:46:50 PM »
Check if the vertices are set smooth an change them to corner... Smooth corners are not counting in subdivision.
Additionally add a null segment to corner input.

QN1156

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 01:28:48 PM »
This is a 2s Generators, The point on the Y line is definitely a corner point, and the Y line does not have an option for corners, so I can't add null segment, I hope you can check the max file I sent 。thanks!

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 01:37:02 PM »
Sorry, I'm on the phone and did not pay attention. I'll check the file as soon as possible. Just make sure it is for max2020.

QN1156

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 01:40:03 PM »
The file is in max2020 format.

Dragan

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2022, 02:14:00 PM »
You are right.
Something doesn't seem right. I checked with nesting and did not get any section variables. 

Dragan

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2022, 02:30:16 PM »
I don`t know what your further Style will look but you can nest one L1S as a workaround.
Please let me know if that helps or if you need some other options.
Regards
Dragan

QN1156

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2022, 02:47:26 PM »
I also used L1s nesting to solve my problem for the time being, but I think it should be a bug, I want to make sure if I overlooked something, since it can only be like this at the moment, then I know, I hope this can be fixed in the future mistake.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2022, 09:18:49 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for these questions. The Y Section length (and X Section Length) variables refer to divisions of the array between start/end/evenly/corner/markers rather than the parts of the actual spline. Of course, on the X Spline one of those divisions is caused by adding vertices to insert corner geometry, but the Y spline isn't divided by corner segments and that's why it's not working in this case.

Instead of using Vertices on the Y Spline, I'd recommend using Markers instead which will give you the same sort of effect but with several other options too should you need them.

All the best,
Paul
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 05:09:02 PM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

QN1156

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2022, 05:07:47 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply, you are right, but I still hope that the same function of the X line can be implemented on the Y line, although it can be implemented with L1S nesting at present, if the Y line can achieve the same function, it will be easier to use, Of course I understand this may require more work.