Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How to do a differently scaled transformation of objects on a spline? I'm lost!  (Read 2809 times)

Steeryl

Hey guys,

I'm wondering, how to do a differently scaled transformation like in the image attached. Can you help?
I dont know where to start...
Thank you so much!

Paddy

Rokas

Hi,

Welcome to the forums. For segment size manipulation we need to use some expressions. Guide how to learn then can be found here.

I created a sample scene for You to check it.
Rokas

Steeryl

Thank you! I will check it! :)

Steeryl

Okay! Almost got it. Now I want to take another spline for controlling the curvature. - > You used return XSplinePosition*Input1;
How would I use another splines Z positions to control the cirvature. I dont really know, how I change input1 to another input-Spline...

Rokas

What do You mean controlling the curvature. We have a red spline to control the curvature.
Rokas

Steeryl

I mean, I want to use another spline to define, where on the first spline my objects get thicker in the Y and thinner in the y... Like here:

Steeryl

Rokas

What do You want that second spline to do? You can definitely use that for the pattern.
Rokas

Steeryl

I want the second spline to give me values, that I can take to tranform the obejcts in the Y. So that it doesnt just get bigger. I should get bigger and smaller, controllable.
So The second spline just gives values and acts like a control curve for scaling the objects on the first spline.

Rokas

We can use same spline to drive distribution X and Y positioning, and Z position as segment Y scale (unfortunately while it followed z altitude as well). I then flattened this pattern with FFD modifier:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:32:19 PM by Rokas »
Rokas

Steeryl

Okay! Thank you so much for your help! Awesome! :)

Rokas

Edit. I got a hint, how to remove the need for FFD- to introduce segment -z translation.
I attach a modified file without modifiers.

Rokas