Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RC Spline Data Set Bug Query  (Read 554 times)

OC1963

RC Spline Data Set Bug Query
« on: October 28, 2022, 12:30:51 PM »
Hey guys,

I have a nested railclone generator setup I'm building of a fence railclone system with which I'm trying to control with markers. I'm using one straight spline section as a generator to build a fence panel and then another spline controlling the master generator for distributing the various types of fence panels I'm generating. All works great, for some reason the RC spline isn't behaving properly. I've customised my RC Spline parameters but for some reason I can only load that data set to the original generator spline, not my main distribution spline. Tried with new splines and no dice either. I can kind of hack it by copying the modifier from the generator spline to my main spline, it  keep the naming and the float/integer/untis type so kind of works but just sanity checking my setup or if a bug? Marker segments are only plugged into the final generator which use the Master spline. Appreciate this may be fixed in newer versions, trying to get to a point with our project where we can safely update a whole load of plugins together. Can send a stripped down file if needed.

Attached images of spline generator showing the ability to load my data set but no option in the Master distribution spline, I just have the data from copying the modifier over. Other image of general setup and where markers are wired into RC.

Using Railclone Pro 4.3.2 and Max 2022

Cheers,
Matt

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: RC Spline Data Set Bug Query
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 01:17:07 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. I've tried to reproduce the issue here on a simplified scene but it appears to be working OK. If you're able to send a file that reproduces the issue to helpdesk@itoosoft.com that would be really helpful.

Many thanks again,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

OC1963

Re: RC Spline Data Set Bug Query
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 01:43:46 PM »
Thanks Paul for looking, will send over for you. Has been working great for me usually but not tried in a while with nested generators.

Cheers,
Matt