Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Instance copy the Railclone Objects many times ?  (Read 1449 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Instance copy the Railclone Objects many times ?
« on: September 15, 2015, 11:11:33 AM »
Hello iToosoft,
I want to know about this for a long time. Would there be any problem if I instance copy the Railclone Objects many times ? I want to instance copy the Railclone object. I want to modify these RC objects in one time. Even I want to put the Railclone objects into Boolean object compound object as operation object. Would there be any bugs or problems ? Any workaround?

Railclone 2.3.3 MAX2012 64bit PU8
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:58:49 PM by cc8boy »
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Instance copy the Railclone Objects many times ?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 01:14:58 PM »
Hi,

Though we haven't tested this extensively there shouldn't be a problem with instancing RailClone objects so that you can control them all at once. The only caveat is that if you do use them in a boolean object, "Use Instancing Engine" is automatically disabled not just for the object used in the boolean, but for all the instances too.  Check out the attached file for an example. All the instances are driven by a single spline but if you render it, instances are shown in green and static geometry shown in red.

I hope that helps.

Many thanks,

Paul.
Paul Roberts
iToo Software