Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Clipping tile area  (Read 641 times)

timanoela

Clipping tile area
« on: July 05, 2021, 05:21:11 PM »
Hello guys,

Very noob questions here, I am trying to prevent the tiles from cutting into the two squares. I could definitely modify the original spline but ideally I would like to have a dedicated spline to control the clipping, since I might change the shape later. I have tried to follow to official clipping spline tutorial, but I'm still having a hard time understanding it since the scene wouldn't download.

Thank you!

Rokas

Re: Clipping tile area
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 07:46:14 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Would You please tell us what scene would not download. We will check that.

Regarding Your RailClone style- would You please attach max scene so we can see how it is constructed ?
Rokas

timanoela

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 01:45:06 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Would You please tell us what scene would not download. We will check that.

Regarding Your RailClone style- would You please attach max scene so we can see how it is constructed ?

It seems like all the dowloads are simply just not available, I click on the dowload link and nothing happens, in this case it was here: https://docs.itoosoft.com/railclone/next-steps-with-railclone/6-how-to-use-clipping-splines

You can see in my scene file that there are problematic corners as well but I didn't really bother at this time

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 08:37:30 AM »
Download seems to work here, would You please specify what browser are You using?

Regarding RC style:

You can use a clipping spline with Your linear generator. Just make sure to use contour clipping without offset spline, so make a copy of the one before deleting splineoffset.

Hope this helps.
Rokas

timanoela

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 08:12:37 PM »
I am using chrome, after I switched to edge the download seems to work.

I was actually trying to get the inverse effect, where the square cuts into the curve pattern. I managed to do it on the linearborder, but no clue how to clip the array 2s with the same spline

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 08:47:18 PM »
You will have to prepare special clipped spline for array2s
Rokas