Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: UVW Xform not working  (Read 2190 times)

GT4505

• claar.be
UVW Xform not working
« on: November 05, 2016, 01:18:08 PM »
Hi,

I've been working for some time with railclone for now, including the UVW XFrom operator.
In my last project I wanted to implement this to generate some variation in texture, but I can't get access to the uv mapping in RC it seems.
Not through the xform operator, and also not with the basic mapping settings in the segment.

I've checked the map chanel, everything seems to be normal, but I can't change the map in any way.
...Ok, after some testing, and eventually switching my render engine back to vray everything works fine...
Is there a reason why this doesn't works in corona, and maybe a way to fix this?

Thanks.
Pieter van Stee

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: UVW Xform not working
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 03:08:07 PM »
Hi Pieter,

Some of features are fully supported only in case of the V-Ray render engine (as you can see in the Feature Compatibility table, for the rest of renderers it can be enabled by turning off the instancing engine). The "Using features not compatible with Instancing" warning message will be triggered to inform you about use of features like Material / UVW XForm Operators as these are just partially supported due to technical limitations on some render engines.

Best regadrs,