Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Corner balconies with nexted generators  (Read 408 times)

Andrei

Corner balconies with nexted generators
« on: November 28, 2022, 10:46:47 AM »
Hello. I working on building generator with RailClone. I use basic spline for wall and determine position of the windows, balconies with RC_Spline. And I have an issue with roner balconies (actually and with the windows)
I figured out (almost) how to generate railing wrapped by corner, but anyway have some artifacts that I don't know how to fix (please check screenshot_01), but yhe main issue with the floor on balconies that overlap itself(screenshot_02), any idea how to fix it? I also attached 3ds max file

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Corner balconies with nexted generators
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 06:43:39 PM »
Hi,

This is happening because geometry wired to a Marker input isn't ever sliced at corners, instead it is deformed to follow the path. Unfortunately at present due to the way RC works internally, there isn't a way to change that behaviour. In this case, I think the best course of action would be to use Material IDs assigned to the spline instead, which would allow you to easily set the length of the balconies by dividing up the path.

I hope that helps,

Paul.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 01:15:59 AM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Andrei

Re: Corner balconies with nexted generators
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 08:37:40 AM »
Thanks! setting Materasl ID will help indeed. I just hoped that any possibility to make it with Marker ID, as it open a lot more flexibility