Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Corona Decal  (Read 957 times)

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
Corona Decal
« on: February 25, 2023, 09:38:25 AM »
Hello,
Please confirm that Corona Decal doesnt respect "Use segment material"
It returns random ID and random material

Best
M
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 10:41:04 AM by arch3d »

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
Re: Corona Decal
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 11:19:13 AM »
But if I Proxy Cache it works well

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 11:26:21 AM »
And second problem
If I use material override node + Instance Engine and use ProxyCache - it doesnt respect overrides )
If i turn off instancing engine and turn on ProxyCache overrides render correct but not respecting Use Segment Material.

Tested on new beta
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 09:27:48 AM by arch3d »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 04:26:35 PM »
Hi Michal,

It seems to be working just fine in my simple set-up even in the Use Segment Material mode and it might be something specific for your scenario – if possible, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)). Ideally, if you'll be able to reproduce it on a minimal scene, which you can send us, it would be great.

Thanks in advance for any further details you can share about it with us / our user community (in case some user(s) will run into similar troubles).

Best regards,

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 05:08:45 AM »
Hi Michal,
I think its related to rebuilding scene before render. Each time when I hit render button I got different result

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2023, 11:40:47 AM »
Hi Michal,

Thanks for your swift reply. We've done some tests with your scene, but we can't reproduce it here with 3ds max 2023, Corona 9 Hotfix 1 & RC 6.0.0. Would you mind specifying the Corona Renderer release used? Once again, big thanks for all your feedback.

Best regards,

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2023, 11:43:56 AM »
Hello
I use 3ds max 2022, Corona 9 (Corona version: 9 Full-speed, Non-debug, MaxSDK 2022 Build timestamp: Oct 14 2022 12:31:53 ) & RC 6.0.0

Maybe Corona is an issue. Ill check. If so sorry for bothering.

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2023, 12:00:29 PM »
Strange,
After installing hotfix1 (Corona version: 9 (Hotfix 1) Full-speed, Non-debug, MaxSDK 2022 Build timestamp: Nov 21 2022 16:01:40 ) still same here

I just press render

Did you try attached scene?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 12:03:05 PM by arch3d »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2023, 03:18:04 PM »
Hi,

We've done some additional tests with the provided scene on multiple configurations, but up to now, we've not been able to reproduce such a problem here. Would you mind “limiting” the number of threads to 1 under the Corona System Settings window (by default is set to unlimited - 0) to see if there’s any difference? We'll continue analyzing this issue - it'll need to be investigated more in deep by our main developers

Best regards,

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2023, 03:42:32 PM »
Michal,
Thank you very much for help.
Reducing cores == no effect

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2023, 09:43:15 AM »
Hi,

Definitively result with Corona 9 is not consistent. That has sense, because Corona team added recently some changes and fixes related with RailClone, but only to Corona 10.
Using latest build of Corona 10, i got the attached result.

a) With Instancing On, it works fine both using normal mode and Proxy Cache.

b) With instancing off, Decal is not working at all.
Considering that Decal is a special geometry object, and this is converted to a standard mesh in RailClone, it's normal that it doesn't work correctly. Only instancing can preserve the original Decal object.

By the way, 'Use Segment Material' has not effect if instancing is off. In this case, RC object is converted to a mesh, rendering with the material it have applied (if any).

If you cannot use Corona 10, the only way to preserve Decal would be to convert RC object to standalone instances, using RailClone Tools.

I hope that helps.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

arch3d

• arch3d.pl
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2023, 11:52:00 AM »
Hi,
Thank you very much!

With Instancing On, it works fine both using normal mode and Proxy Cache
Instancing ON is my primary target so i am glad it works:)

If you cannot use Corona 10, the only way to preserve Decal would be to convert RC object to standalone instances, using RailClone Tools.
Final version of Corona 10 should be released around end of June. Untill final version ill stick with yours advice

Best
Michal