Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: correct workflow for using Railclone objects within containers?  (Read 604 times)

Rio

What's the best workflow for using Railclone within Max 'Container' helpers?

I have a scene where I'm constructing my buildings with Railclone, then I using these in a range of different scenes as inhereited/read only containers.

I started out adding all reference geo to the container too, but at some point today, all my geo references got broken and the segments changed to embedded. I don't quite know what caused that, but maybe it was removing the reference geo from the container at some point? (they were still in the source scene, just not associated with the container)

So I'm thinking the best way is to add the reference geo to the container, like i did originally. Can the itoo staff confirm that this will retain full functionality - i.e. Vray instancing, Railclone Colour function etc?

Rio

Re: correct workflow for using Railclone objects within containers?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 11:12:33 PM »
Ignore me, found this in the max help pages:

Dependencies Because containers can be inherited by others, who can add them to their own scenes, be sure to package all relevant dependencies for the content in the container. If you do not, the relationships with objects outside of the container will be severed upon Update, Close, or Unload.