Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Force all lines to go in the same direction globally  (Read 444 times)

BK8837

Force all lines to go in the same direction globally
« on: April 06, 2023, 01:37:21 AM »
Hello Itoo, I have a technical question.

In my scene I have a simple rail that's used for fall protection. Is there a parameter in railclone that can 'force globally' all array lines to go in a single direction?  The white rectangle (where the logo should appear) is always supposed to be facing the exterior of the building and as you can see in my image the rail in the penetration is going in a reverse direction. These penetrations are usually for elevator cores, mechanical chase and stairs that cut through the levels. I know you can go to modify panel of the spline, pick spline and then reverse it. I am just looking for some type of automation, either a script or railclone parameter to force the direction globally. I also attached a picture of the system for reference.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Force all lines to go in the same direction globally
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 11:24:57 AM »
Hi,

I’m afraid, that most probably, reversing these splines manually would be the only way.

Best regards,

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 12:55:12 PM »
Well, maybe you could use XSplineCoords.#  for  X and Y and set some Numeric positions to control the positions and based on that create a conditional on how the segments would be oriented.

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 02:02:03 PM »
Of course, you should include a lot more math to make it work through whole +/- coordinates and probably include XSplineDirection or XSplineXrotation to determine orientation on the spline segment.
Just keep in mind XsplineCoords are calculated from the origin of RC Object (Icon)

Eventually, you can use RC Spline and Banking feature to manually control X rotation for the spline section.