Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: MaxScript to get segment/element count?  (Read 2183 times)

SnipeyX

MaxScript to get segment/element count?
« on: June 11, 2015, 04:40:28 PM »
I'd like a way to query the number of segments from maxscript - is this possible? I realize this is displayed in the stats dialog, but I need to access it via Maxscript (and preferably at rendertime as well). I did a 'show $' with a railclone object selected and didnt see anything that stood out. Also searched the railclone documentation and the forums for 'maxscript' but didnt see anything mentioning the stats properties.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: MaxScript to get segment/element count?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 05:36:29 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your question, unfortunately this isn't possible at present. The values shows in the stats dialog are not standard exposable Max parameters and I'm afraid that RailClone doesn't currently have a built in function that would allow you to access that information using maxscript.

Many thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

SnipeyX

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 05:40:49 PM »
Bummer, add it to the wishlist perhaps? Given the parametric nature of Railclone, what I was hoping to do was build in-frame display of the statistics of my model. For instance: dynamically build bridge models and output the number of I-beams to a MaxText object that shows in the render. Then animate the bridge design changing and the number of I-beams text dynamically updates as the bridge design moves. Would be cool...

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 06:43:09 PM »
Hi, That does sound cool  :)

Added to the wish-list, thanks for suggestion.

Kind regards,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software