Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Found a bug Railclone Pro + FPP  (Read 613 times)

BT4215

Found a bug Railclone Pro + FPP
« on: March 19, 2021, 05:45:19 PM »
I'm able to assign a Forest Pack Pro (a cluster of flowers) on a Raiclone road with several rectangular vases only if the Railclone object is displayed with the "Mesh" option. The FPP object is assigned only on a certain ID.
As soon as I visualize the Raiclone object with "Point-Cloud" option the Forest Pack Pro object disappears and is not rendered. The F icon appears.
Reactivating the "Mesh" display option the FPP object (the flowers) appears again.

Please fix it because I can't display all the roads with the Mesh option. Thanks
Max 2019.
FPP+RC latest release

regards.

Rokas

Re: Found a bug Railclone Pro + FPP
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 08:43:15 AM »
Hi.
That is not a bug, but a limitation. ForestPack can't understand RailClone surface if it is not in mesh mode.
Solution is pretty simple- You can create additional helper RC object- a surface, much simpler in geometry. And make that non renderable, only a helper for ForestPack.

Hope this helps.
Rokas

BT4215

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 02:13:52 PM »
Hi,

isn't possible because the road is parametric and sometimes there are variations in its modules. Also the road follows a spline, on this spline there are linked pedestrians generated with FPP.
I think I can clone the Railclone surface cointaining only the plants and leave it as mesh.

I'd like to know if Railclone objects can talk to each other. Is it possible to create external variables shared by the various Railclones?
I tweak just one variable and all clones are update automatically.

I haven't found any tutorial about this feature.

Regards.

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 02:57:26 PM »
Hi,
I'd like to know if Railclone objects can talk to each other. Is it possible to create external variables shared by the various Railclones?
I tweak just one variable and all clones are update automatically.

I haven't found any tutorial about this feature.

Regards.

Hi. There is no RailClone function for that. There is a max wireing feature that can be used for such purposes. Shared in this topic.
Rokas