Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Do we have a clipping object solution yet? (not clipping spline)  (Read 495 times)

Morne

Do we have a clipping object solution yet? (not clipping spline)
« on: November 03, 2020, 12:49:57 PM »
Hi, as the title suggests, I'm just following up on this same question I asked few years back.

When creating walls and assigning ID's to get different wall types from a single drawn spline with different segments, is it possible yet to cut out openings on all sides of the building in a single go with objects, instead of using clipping splines ber single side of a wall?

In other words in most basic form rectangle shaped building has walls north, south, east, west. But west and east wall type will be different. We want to cut out the holes for the doors and windows in a single go instead of creating 4 different railclone objects for N, S, E, W

Besides the obvious issue with current workflow of having 4 different objects instead of 1 object, there's also the issue of how the objects join each other on the corners if they are 4 different objects.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 12:51:36 PM by Morne »

Rokas

Re: Do we have a clipping object solution yet? (not clipping spline)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 07:21:55 AM »
Hi. In some cases You can use render time booleans. I understand that is not the solution You can use all the time, but it is useful technique to know.

Second part about different objects blending- I cant think of any other way apart from thinking about this when building RC style from the beginning.
Rokas

Morne

Re: Do we have a clipping object solution yet? (not clipping spline)
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 08:00:15 AM »
Like before, I'm asking again to add this to the feature request list please.