Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Wall / Railing Style Trying to make it more efficient!  (Read 2724 times)

Adam86

Wall / Railing Style Trying to make it more efficient!
« on: March 07, 2018, 10:47:44 AM »
Hi All, ok so probably pretty easy to fix however I just can't understand how the Array 2S so it would be great if someone could just explain the basics to me using this given example so I can catch on.

I have currently got it set up on a Linear 1 however I think it can be done a lot better. I am also currently getting squashed areas of railing which I do not want, I know the Array can fix this for me but I'm just not getting it. Example of what I'm trying to achieve (currently with Linear 1) and instead what I want to be using with the array.

Adam86

Re: Wall / Railing Style Trying to make it more efficient!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 09:40:51 AM »
anyone? :)

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Wall / Railing Style Trying to make it more efficient!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 10:41:06 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for contacting us. Looking at your case I would think that the L1S array would still be your best bet unless you wanted to be able to adjust the height of the wall or some other attributes.

Another option can be to use multiple L1S arrays to achieve your desired effect. This gives you a lot more flexibility and for styles like this, it can often be easier than trying to make it work with the A2S array.

If you want to learn more about the A2S array there's a useful chapter in the getting started with RailClone guide here: https://docs.itoosoft.com/railclone/getting-started-with-railclone/9-create-your-first-2d-array

If you'd like more specific help with this case, if you could upload a basic scene file and let me know what parameters you'd like to be able to adjust, I can give you more focused advice.

Finally, the pinching issue might be resolved by increasing the Curve Steps value in the Style rollout. This smooths the spline and can ease deformation.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software