Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Endless Lightcache bug  (Read 1084 times)

UQ2764

Endless Lightcache bug
« on: February 06, 2019, 02:49:11 PM »
Hey there,

In our company we occasionally have troubles with endless light cache calculations when using the rooftiles preset. This results in having to force close the scene and restart it. The only solution we know of is to redraw the splines and pray that this time it works. There seems to be no actual difference between the error creating splines with rooftile and the new correctly working rooftile. The main problem is that sometimes making small edits in the spline makes the problem happen again. Examples of this are: moving the spline, adding spline areas to exclude the rooftile, and moving a vertice. I dont have an example scene with this trouble at the moment but I was hoping there was already some sort of fix/cause for this error known here. In our company we mainly have really basic knowledge of the Railclone plugin.

This problem seems to mostly happen with the rooftile object in the library put has been seen by us in different occasion but seems to go away with the next restart, only the rooftile error is the one that persist and we are 100% sure is caused by the railclone object . This problem has been happening in V-ray 3.6 and V-ray Next in combination with 3ds max 2017 and with Railclone version 3.2.

Hopefully someone knows of a cause/fix.

With kind regards,

The DWanimations team.

Rokas

Re: Endless Lightcache bug
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 02:52:57 PM »
Sorry to hear about this trouble.
We can only identify and fix the problem when supplied with sample scene.
Please send it to us once it repeats again.
Rokas

Dragan

Re: Endless Lightcache bug
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 03:12:01 PM »
+1
I had similar problems with some rooftile presets ,not all of them...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:14:45 PM by Dragan »