Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Error code 127  (Read 958 times)

G_C

Error code 127
« on: January 23, 2023, 07:38:12 PM »
Good evening,
recently I've been experiencing the error
 "DLL <C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2023\PlugIns\railclonepro.dlo> failed to initialize. Error code 127 - The specified procedure could not be found."

Is there a know solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Error code 127
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 08:44:57 AM »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear, you're facing these troubles. Please, do the following:
  • Be sure 3ds max and VRaySpawner are closed.
  • Delete the railclonepro.dlo from the "plugins" Max folder (<maxdir>\plugins\) and all RailcloneVRay??.dll files from the max root folder.
  • Delete <maxdir>\QtCore_Itoo_4.dll, <maxdir>\QtGui_Itoo_4.dll, <maxdir>\QtXml_Itoo_4.dll, <maxdir>\QtSolutions_MFCMigrationFramework-Itoo.dll.
  • Reinstall the RailClone plug-in.
That should fix it. Let me mention, that when installing our plug-in, please double-check you are not running any 3ds max or related (like the VRay Spawner) service during the installation process. Sometimes, even closed, 3ds max might not shut down correctly and its processes are still running in the background. To check this you can go to the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc and make sure they've both shut down correctly.

Best regards,

G_C

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 12:06:17 PM »
Hi,

i tried both following the suggested procedure and simply uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin without success.
I have to specify that after starting max and ignoring the error message the plugin actually works. It's a bit of an inconvenience that i'd like to fix though, as it's giving me issues especially submitting scenes to render to backburner, for instance.

Best regards,

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 12:20:41 PM »
Hi,

In the 3ds Max 2023, our plug-ins should be installed at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins, not under the mentioned C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2023\PlugIns\ folder (the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2023\PlugIns\railclonepro.dlo should be manually removed). That should fix it.

Best regards,

G_C

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 01:29:24 PM »
Great, thanks, that fixed it!

Best regards,

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 01:41:51 PM »
You're welcome. I'm glad to hear, that it helped. ;)

Best regards,