Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: evenly alignment consistency  (Read 477 times)

Jean-Brad

• emy-design
evenly alignment consistency
« on: June 21, 2022, 01:42:43 PM »
Hello,

I guess it may be a stupid question, but how to keep evenly alignment consistent with clipping area splines with different widths or shapes? #askiToo

Thanks for your attention,

Dragan

Re: evenly alignment consistency
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 02:12:05 PM »
Hi,
You can try 2 approaches:
1. Go with default segments and paddings to set the distance. You can set orientation by General> Z orientation or by setting different vertices as First
2. Try nesting Linear Generator with Evenly distribution and set the X Size (instead of Spline input) to some value larger than you basically need and connect this L1S to Start input of your Master generator

Sorry, I`m on vacation at the moment so I don't have RC here to give you an example.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 02:20:26 PM by Dragan »

Jean-Brad

• emy-design
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 02:32:51 PM »
Thank you a lot for your answer Dragan,
I will try those approaches.

Have a nice vacation!

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 02:39:01 PM »
Thanks Dragan, since you have a common end that aligns in your examples, I'll add another approach to that which is to set Clipping Area > Auto Align to To Spline and then experiment with changing the position of the first Vertex. I found I could get the segments to align By changing first vertex to the same end of the building (the end where there are no stepped planes). You'll also need to disable Justify in the X Evenly settings so that the different lengths of each plane don't affect the spacing of Evenly segments.

Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Jean-Brad

• emy-design
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 03:06:48 PM »
Hi Paul!

I've just tested it and it seems to work fine. Disabling the Justify and switching to align to spline did the job.

Thanks again for your time!