Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: evenly calculations  (Read 694 times)

FStorm

evenly calculations
« on: May 18, 2021, 06:19:17 PM »
In the existing evenly calculations, the separation distance between the start and the end is always different from other separation distances. I know that it can be solved by arithmetic, but I hope that the result can be obtained simply and directly without arithmetic, which is more convenient to use.
It is hoped that the average division calculation is divided according to the length of the spline, and the start or end or corner point can be ignored. When the start or end or the corner point has a segment, first remove the size of the segment, and then perform the equal division , The start or end or the segment alignment and translation of the corner points will also affect the uniform calculation, which will reduce a lot of nodes. Although macros can be used to achieve the effect of reducing nodes, this is what I expect. I don’t know if you have this plan

Rokas

Re: evenly calculations
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 08:54:34 AM »
Thanks for ideas.
RailClone is quite complex under the hood. Currently spline is divided internally by evenly/marker segments before segments are placed (their size is unknown when dividing the spline). 
We don't say no to improve this behaviour, but that would require fundamental functions rewrite, that would add performance hit and probably a few more problems would arise with this feature.

For now I would advise learning to understand how RC works and try to work around limitations You face.
Few topics that cover this: here and here.

Hope this helps.
Rokas

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 09:33:02 AM »
I agree on both sides  :)   8)
It took me a whole day to complete that macro!
RC is very powerful but not omnipotent/almighty  :D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 09:42:51 AM by Dragan »

FStorm

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 01:36:32 PM »
Yes, I like RC very much, it is the best modeling tool in this regard, I just hope it becomes better and easier to use ;) ;D

Dragan

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 01:40:33 PM »
I have update Macro a few weeks ago, hope you got the notification.
Now, Default input can be empty and added some more options.  ;)

FStorm

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 02:13:32 PM »
I have update Macro a few weeks ago, hope you got the notification.
Now, Default input can be empty and added some more options.  ;)
Thanks!