Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: railclone pivot  (Read 709 times)

RB2300

• DEVconstruction
railclone pivot
« on: May 23, 2021, 07:08:39 PM »
Hi I would like to just ask why pivot is every time created in nonsense position for railclone recognition and i need to every time additionally tweet it...

Thanks for insight
- Why pivot in railclone is how is it in default state...
- And how you create object that you do not need adjust/touch pivot at all.. (because if i will create spline profile and extrude it then every time is mess and i need fix every new created object)

Thank you, i believe many people will welcome understand why is it how is it.. I believe there is some reason or magic that i dont know :D

Best regard Pablo
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 07:12:48 PM by RB2300 »

Rokas

Re: railclone pivot
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 08:00:03 AM »
Hi Pablo.
I would really like to clear any doubts You have about operating RailClone. I am not sure I understand the problem from Your description.

RC pivot is placed when You draw the icon at the place You started creating the RC icon:

That how RC object pivot works.

If You are talking about segments pivots that is different topic, and I could not explain better than our documentation already does.

In case You want a deeper RailClone understanding  I would recommend You follow our ongoing series of tutorials. You may also find helpful our detailed documentation.
I would highly recommend you to check our RailClone "Getting Started with RailClone" followed by our "Next Steps with RailClone" guides too.

If You have any specific situation that gives You trouble please share the sample scene, we will try to explain how it works, and how to set it up.
Rokas

RB2300

• DEVconstruction
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 04:36:13 PM »
thanks for replay.. I attached file...

I created 4 RC in different directions top, right, bottom, front

and 4 profiles also in different positions

without touch on pivot point at all... and result is still similar none of them of that variables shows them correctly in default state...
Is there any way create railclone object without need to touch on pivot or rotataion? You are developers of your product for me is interesting how you create object without need to touch on pivot or additionally rotate object..

Best regards P.

RB2300

• DEVconstruction
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 04:54:40 PM »
sorry i didnt mention what is the target...
this is how it should be in default ...

spline created from "top view" and profile .... then we will get some sloped ground

but i cant get this result without additionally touching pivot or rotate it...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 04:57:12 PM by RB2300 »

Rokas

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 05:05:14 PM »
OK, I see the issue. It is segments pivot, not RC objects.

I create RC object in TOP or Perspective viewport 99% of the time.

What is "wrong" in Your scene is segments pivots. 
When in doubt Xform Your segments.
Rokas

RB2300

• DEVconstruction
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 06:13:02 PM »
here are all variations for study purpose :D it seems there is only one way and it is your approach reset pivot point,...
Best regards P and thank you for your opinion/approach regard xform