Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Exclude?  (Read 2904 times)

scott

Exclude?
« on: December 22, 2014, 09:37:23 PM »
Crazy question:  I've generated a nice office ceiling based on the great tutorial, but I'm needing to exclude certain objects like columns - or stop the grid where there's an open atrium, etc.

Can Railclone exclude objects/splines like ForestPackPro?

Tnx

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Exclude?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 09:03:42 AM »
Yes, you can use the Clipping Area slot in the array Generator to include or exclude a closed spline area. In this link you will find detailed instructions to use it.
Clipping area is also available in the linear generator, working in the same way.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

scott

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 02:16:30 PM »
Hi Carlos, I'm actually not following this at all...  I've created a ceiling but wish to exclude certain areas.  Since the array used to actually create the ceiling must be set to INCLUDE in the clipping area, I can't see any way to exclude something in the same array.  I've tried various fancy ways to add another array and plug my first sequence into the default slot and then do an exclude using a spline, but that doesn't work.  Tnx

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 05:39:25 PM »
Hi scott, if there is a clipping area in use, just attach the spline you want to exclude to it.
To difference of Forest, there are not specific exclude areas, but nested splines are properly identified and used as exclude regions.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software