Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Rotate segment using 1s  (Read 437 times)

Dean

Rotate segment using 1s
« on: March 31, 2020, 08:47:29 PM »
Hey all,

I have a building with cladding, which is currently vertical.

It's made using a 1s array, and clipping splines, which are animated.

The client wants to show the cladding horizontal too, and I'd ideally like to animate the cladding rotating.

When I rotate the segment, the cladding has gaps. I presume it's spaced using the bounding box?

Here's a screen capture of the problem I'm having...
https://youtu.be/9lzFfQbNSNc

Is there a way to rotate the segment, so the sides of the cladding remain, and the cladding also repeats?

And is it actually possible to keyframe the railclone properties? Just did a quick test, and couldn't tell if it's actually working or not.

Thanks,
Dean

Dean

Re: Rotate segment using 1s
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 08:54:46 PM »
Max 2019 file, with Railclone 4.1.1 incase it's of use...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl7kzlcsppch47l/Cladding_Only_01.max?dl=0

Thanks,
Dean

Rokas

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 08:30:04 AM »

Hey all,

When I rotate the segment, the cladding has gaps. I presume it's spaced using the bounding box?
Hi!
Correct. But You can adjust padding values to shrink/expand that bounding box.

Is there a way to rotate the segment, so the sides of the cladding remain, and the cladding also repeats?
Only using 2d array instead of Linear. Attached example

And is it actually possible to keyframe the railclone properties? Just did a quick test, and couldn't tell if it's actually working or not.

You can keyframe RC parameters, but only after they are exported fist, like this Z Rotation:

In case You want a deeper RailClone understanding  I would recommend You follow our ongoing series of tutorials. You may also find helpful our detailed documentation.
I would highly recommend you to check our RailClone "Getting Started with RailClone" followed by our "Next Steps with RailClone" guides too.
Rokas

Dean

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 12:14:24 PM »
Brilliant thanks, I'll take a closer look.

And yes, going through some tutorials. I'm still very new to Railclone, but getting there!