Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Helix help  (Read 2000 times)

RO3902

Helix help
« on: June 05, 2015, 04:52:28 PM »
Hi Everyone

After a little bit of help with something i am trying to do in railclone. Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I am using a linear array along a helix spline but as you can see from the image some of the cars go a little crazy towards the top and the rotations are off. I have tried plugging a surface into my railclone setup to try and get the cars sitting on the surface but not having much luck. I am still fairly new to using the plugin but really enjoying using it. I have also attached a screen grab of my railclone set up,

Thanks in advance folks.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Helix help
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 05:42:21 PM »
Hi!,

Thanks for the kind words, look like an interesting project.Have you tried turning on Align Y to Surface from the Segment's properties?

It will rotate the object around the X Axis to align to the underlying surface and may help in this case. With bend on the results are pretty good but with bend off there is some intersection as it reaches the top because the X angle is calculated from the point at the back of the vehicle, not an average over the full length.

I hope that helps, please find the sample file attached.

Many thanks,

Paul.
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

RO3902

Re: Helix help
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 04:28:15 PM »

Paul Thanks very much for this help. I will give this a go and let you know how i got on. Also i will post a final image when i finish it.