Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Random offset of animation  (Read 3930 times)

MN3180

Random offset of animation
« on: October 20, 2014, 06:55:22 PM »
Hi

I need to create an animated crowed for a football stadium. So I have started with your football stadium scene created in Railclone, I have switched the people for my own, these have a 260 frame looping point cache animation. I would like to add a random offset to the animation for each person in the crowd. Is this possible?

Many thanks, Dan

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Random offset of animation
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 08:04:48 PM »
Hi Dan,

Unfortunately there is not currently a way to randomise animations using only RailClone. However, I notice you have posted in the Forest Pack forum, so I would recommend using Forest Pack for the crowd and RailClone for the seating and other stadium elements.

Forest pack will enable you randomly select from a series of time offsets, you can find some information about this in the documentation and the Windy Grass tutorial.

If you would like to ensure that the crowd created with Forest Pack aligns to the seating created in RailClone then you can create triangular markers with a RailClone object that are then used to place and align characters using Forest Pack. This post describes how to do this and includes a scene file you can download and check out.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions about this technique or have other questions about using Forest Pack and RailClone together.

Cheers,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software