Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Railclone 4.1.0 - Scenes crashing/not opening when no free license available  (Read 1368 times)

HP3623

Hello,

we just upgraded to the newest railclone a few weeks ago. Sadly we have a big issue, which didnt persist when using the older RC3 version.

When there is no free workstation license left, max scenes are not opening and you have to kill 3dsmax. Would be great if someone could help us with this issue.

Rokas

Hi

I have just did some testing and it seems to work ok.

Would You please try setting up Your network License Mode on each workstation (using "C:\Program Files\Itoo Software\RailClone Pro\LicenseMode.exe" utility) again and specify Your server IP address manually instead of searching automatically:

Hopefully that will help.
Rokas

HP3623

Tried your workaround, but didnt fix the issue.

This is quite annoying because no one can work here on a scene when there is no license left. I have to manually free up some licenses so that the artists can open the scene. Even if the dont want to modify any railclone objects.

Rokas

Licenses are released automatically to the "free & available" status when not in use - that happens shortly after closing the 3ds max scene.

Let me add, that an option to exclude specific workstations from getting a license from the server is by changing them temporarily to "Stand-alone mode", using "Start Menu->Itoo Software->Forest Pack Pro->Change License Mode".

This way is possible to define easily the workstations that will use the available licenses.
Rokas

HP3623

But why can't artists work with max scenes in RC4 when there is no free license left? We didnt had this behaviour with RC3

MT3168

Hello,
Same issue here. We can't see railclone object when open a file without network free licence available. And we have got an error message. This problem came with railclone 4.

We don't need to edit the railclone. We just need to display it. Is it possible?
thanks

HP3623

Have to push this topic again. We still have this issue, scenes not opening when there is no free license.
We are on the latest version 4.2.1

Rokas

Have to push this topic again. We still have this issue, scenes not opening when there is no free license.
We are on the latest version 4.2.1

Unfortunately with RC 4 and up scenes 3ds Max can not display Railclone object without a license.
You should be able to open the scene, get informed about what i just wrote:

Continue working with Your file, save. And when reloaded a file with a license everything should go to places.
Rokas

HP3623

That the railclone objects arent being display wouldnt be a real problem.

The problem is that in 80-90% when there is no license left, the scene isnt opening at all. Max just stalls and you have kill the process and open new max instance. And we didnt have that problem when we were using RC3.

Rokas

I have tried to open many files while being run out of licenses,- no crash.
Would You please send us Your crashing scene so we can test it.
Rokas

HP3623

I will try to provide a scene to reproduce it.

Maybe you can test on your site on really big scenes, with many, textures, proxies, etc. These are the scenes we are mostly working with.