Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Help with a basic twisted eave  (Read 332 times)

LC3D

Help with a basic twisted eave
« on: January 18, 2023, 12:43:57 AM »
Hey there,

I'm hoping someone can help me, I have a basic eave that has express joints every 1000mm that twists in a few angles. it's nothing dramatic, but I've been unable to create it using AS1 or AS2 or a cladding macro.
I've attached the spline and geometry here if anyone can help?

Many thanks.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Help with a basic twisted eave
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 11:26:37 AM »
Hi,

This is deceptively complex because the angle changes as well as the depth of the eave after the corner. Although I could get close to matching the angle using RCSpline's banking feature, I'm afraid there's not a way in RailClone to bevel corners so that the section after the corner is a different size on the Y-axis. This might well be one of those rare occasions when it's easy to model the section manually.

Apologies for not being of more help.

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

LC3D

Re: Help with a basic twisted eave
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 11:54:13 AM »
Hi,

This is deceptively complex because the angle changes as well as the depth of the eave after the corner. Although I could get close to matching the angle using RCSpline's banking feature, I'm afraid there's not a way in RailClone to bevel corners so that the section after the corner is a different size on the Y-axis. This might well be one of those rare occasions when it's easy to model the section manually.

Apologies for not being of more help.

Paul

Hey Paul,

Thanks for trying... I honestly didn't think it'd be that difficult and that it was just my newness to railclone that was failing me...
it is surprisingly deceptive!!!

Once again thanks for trying, much appreciated.

Luke.