Thanks for the interesting question. This goes a little beyone what RailClone is currently capable of, and at present I can only really thing to get close using the Morpher method we discussed previously
To use that though technique though, I had to make the following modifications.
- To use the Morpher modifier, the vertex count has to stay exactly the same. That means the open and closed window segments need to be an identical size and vertex count.
- I also disabled slice for the segments to maximise the chance of vertex counts staying the same.
- RailClone objects have instancing disabled. I added a turn to mesh modifier above.
- I used a volume select with a loft object to select the vertices to Morph. You could use any technique you like to generate a mesh of course.
- I duplicated the RailCLone object and modified the graph to create the morphed version. It's a bit easier than capturing it from the same object all the time if you want to change the morphed version.
- I used a Data Channel Modifier with GeoQuantize. This averages out the selection per element and it's good for ensuring the windows remain rectangular. It's a bit slow though so you'd probably want to disable it while experimenting with the design.
Please find the file attached. I hope it helps,