Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Complicated Roof-Construction with slopes  (Read 2066 times)

Michael Betke

Complicated Roof-Construction with slopes
« on: November 10, 2015, 11:44:23 AM »
Hi I'm really giving up here and don't even have an idea how to start.
I need to built this kind of roof for a client. It has a windows with a sloped roof in the middle.

Is it possible with Railclone?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Complicated Roof-Construction with slopes
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 02:45:47 PM »
Hi Michael,

This looks like an interesting challenge. You should be able to create something like this using RailClone by projecting a 2d array onto a Surface. To do this I've used a clipping spline with Extend X/Y Size to area to set the size and shape of the array and created a surface that includes the eyebrow dormers.

There are two tiles, one with bend on and another with bend off. The sequence operator controls when the bend tiles are used which should be set to the first row on the dormer.

Please find a sample file attached. I hope that helps,  please let me know if you have further questions.

Many thanks!

Paul

Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Michael Betke

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 09:59:00 AM »
This is easy. Thanks. Didn't know about the surface stuff.
I will investigate further to build a complete roof.

Maybe a tutorial about building different kind of roofs with slates would be nice. With end capped slates / shingles and different shapes.
I used to use roof designer but it reached the end of life over a year ago and lacked some features.

I think Railclone is the best and versatile solution for such roofings we have a lot here in Germany and Europe. So Tutorial on this topic would be really nice. :)

Thanks again!

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 05:11:27 PM »
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the suggestion. There have been a few requests for a roofing tutorial now so this is definitely on our to-do list. Glad you're enjoying using RailClone  :)

Many thanks!

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Michael Betke

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 09:35:25 AM »
How can I add the counter to my Sequence? I can't plug the node while rebuilding your setup. Is it a feature from later versions? I have 2.4.7 here.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 10:02:52 AM »
Hi Michael,

You should be able to expose those inputs by right clicking on the node and selecting them from the Export Parameters menu.

Very occasionally with Sequencess I have found it is necessary to open and close the Style editor to update the parameters list.

I hope that helps.

Many thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software